Escape from /dev/null is coming to California. The 16th of March we will open up a full-day Lost In Space programming competition/coding game.
The event will be held at the EA Headquarters in Redwood City, just 30 minutes south of San Francisco by public transportation.
Max team size 3
When Saturday 16/3 2013, 8.00am – 10.00pm
Where EA Headquarters, 250 Shoreline Drive, Redwood City, CA
Prizes $1000 to the members of the winning team. Each. :D Also; AR Drones, geek stuff and naturally EA Games up to here!
Technologies Challenges can be solved in any/all of the following; Java/J2EE, Python, Objective-C, REST/JSON-RPC, node.js, HTML5, MySQL
Registration is Closed
Rajesh Shenoy (EA Technical Fellow): How to handle multi-user performance issues when games go from paid to free.
The game is played on a multi-user web-based game-board.
To reach a node, you need to solve its challenge, which involves space-ships, APIs, mining drones and possibly aliens.
Each team will be able to choose how to solve each challenge, within the list of given technologies. Libraries are allowed but the team must be able to show how their code works during the short code review when their solution is evaluated.
More about EA
The world of videogames has changed. In the last decade, the audience for games has grown from 200 million consumers to 2 billion, with games transitioning from a packaged good product you purchase at a store to an always-on digital service that’s played across multiple platforms.
EA is transforming to deliver amazing entertainment experiences anytime, anywhere and that requires building a company-wide digital platform to deliver that experience. EA Digital Platform group is a team of stellar engineering and technical talent that is making this a reality from commerce platforms, data engines, marketing systems and shared game services and technologies.
Directions to Electronic Arts
250 Shoreline Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065
Main (650) 628‐1500
From San Francisco:
- Take 101 South towards San Jose
- Take the Holly Street exit, towards Redwood Shores. Follow signs for Redwood Shores Parkway east over the freeway
- Turn left at the 2nd stoplight on Twin Dolphin Drive
- Turn right at the 1st stoplight on Shoreline Drive
- You will see the stone marker for EA on the right hand side. Turn right into the driveway and park in the surface visitor lot, or in the garage. If the gate is down, press the call button and say you are here for the competition, and the guards will open the gate The lobby is at the end of the surface parking lot, to the left of the roundabout